The goal of Campbell River Friends of Music is to further music education in our community. We aim to do this by:
- Providing non-competitive musical celebrations such as Music Week and Master Classes.
- Managing the funds for competitive scholarships and bursaries for music and art students.
- Providing a quality instrument for piano and voice examinations, teacher recitals, student concerts & practice sessions, and for professional concerts.
- Maintain a list of accompanists who may be contacted if a performer needs an accompanist for a competition or musical event.
- Non-profit volunteer run music organization who produces an annual non-competitive Music Week Festival for Piano, Voice, and Strings 12 days long. This project funds our summer bursaries.
- A $500 Fund for Summer Financial Aid to local music students (any instrument, piano, voice)
- Manage as the North Island Young Musician Society the annual Virginia Graczak Piano ($1000), Voice ($1000) Competition and the Margaret Gracza Arts Scholarship at NIC ($1000)
- Manage as the Dorothy Brealey Scholarhip Society the annual Dorothy Brealey Scholarship for Piano (currently $1000.00)
- We manage the Ruth Scott Memorial Chopin Competition and the prize is $500.00
- We are the screening committee for the Frances Keen, Noreen M. and C.C., (Mickey) Halleran Memorial Scholarship Fund for the times that an award is offered.
- Host visiting artists and concerts (voice, instrumental, piano) from around the world and local up and coming artists, and arrange masterclasses for students when possible.
- Maintain a grand piano housed at the Trinity Presbyterian Church for our concerts, masterclasses, piano exams, and student practice.
- Rent the use of the piano to functions held at the Church which funds the maintenance costs of the piano.
- Maintain an email list of people interested in our concerts and notify them of up-coming concerts.
- Maintain an email list of the total membership and as well a list of the executive.